Charles University in Prague – 2nd Faculty of Medicine, V Úvalu 84, Praha 5, 150 06
Epidemiology - International students, 4th year
Last update: 6. 4. 2017
- The role of epidemiology in the prevention.
- Process of spreading of infection.
- Sources of infection.
- Modes of transmission of infection.
- Active and passive immunity.
- Principles of immunization.
- Types of vaccines.
- Adverse reactions and contraindications of vaccination.
- Failures of vaccination, refusing of vaccination.
- Polio immunization.
- Hepatitis A, B immunization.
- MMR immunization.
- DPT immunization, Hib immunization.
- Emerging and reemerging diseases.
- Quantitative health risk assessment.
- Surveillance of diseases.
- Measures of diseases frequency.
- Measures of association.
- Measure of impact.
- Association and causality.
- Sampling of the population (sample size, random sampling).
- Descriptive studies - (design, advantages and weaknesses).
- Screening - basic principles.
- Sensitivity and specificity of a diagnostic tests.
- Screening programs - general features.
- Case-control study (basic principles, interpretation of results).
- Cohort study (basic principles, interpretation of results).
- Intervention studies (basic principles, interpretation of results).
- Hybride epidemiological studies.
- The role of chance in epidemiological studies.
- The role of bias in epidemiological studies.
- Selection bias, information bias.
- The role of confounding factors in epidemiologic studies.
- Evidence based medicine.
Total number of questions: 34